Senior Staff Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Customer Experience Automation (CAE) team is seeking a highly hardworking individual to help continue building and scaling our Best Practice Assessment (BPA) tool. The BPA has been used by thousands of customers and users to identify gaps in their security adoption and improve their alignment to standard methodologies. Usage of this tool is a company priority with executive backing, so you would have the opportunity to make an outsize impact on both the company and our customers.
We're seeking innovators - engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to tackle real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Teamwork is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with multi-functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
- Software developer/engineer
- Design, test, develop, deploy, maintain and improve software assets
- Analyze/Research issues and provide solutions to resolve them quickly
- Enjoy mentoring others on development processes
- Actively participate in solution design with leads and architects
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
- Experienced/Expert in Python
- Knowledgable in Object-Oriented Programming / Object-Oriented Design Patterns, preferably using Python is required
- Experience with Unit/Integration/End-to-End testing using pytest
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of delivering results to the business
- Experience in developing fault-tolerant solutions
- Authorization to work within the United States
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Docker, microservices, and Django / Django Rest Framework is a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.