Manager, Inside Systems Engineering
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineering Manager for the Americas Corporate Sales SE team is a technical player+coach leadership position for the Corporate Systems Engineering (CSE) team. The systems engineers supporting the East region will report directly to you and you will report directly to a Senior SEM for Corporate Systems Engineers. You will have dotted line responsibility to, and tight alignment with, the Corporate Sales Managers collocated in the New York office.
In this role, you will have leadership responsibility for the CSE in the East region and will also have direct customer interaction as the CSE technical leader and when covering for CSEs on leave. It is expected that the SEM can and will perform all of the functions that a Palo Alto Networks CSE does including running Evaluations/Proof of Concepts and technical demonstrations. You will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the East region Corporate Sales Managers and their teams of Corporate Sales reps.
- Recruit and hire new Systems Engineers into the company
- Responsible for training and mentoring new Systems Engineers on the team
- HR responsibility for Corporate Systems Engineers (expenses, reviews, etc)
- Support their SE team in complex evaluations, troubleshooting, and challenging customer environments
- Work closely with the Field SEM teams on periodic SE training curriculum, best practices, team calls
- Constantly refine SE to Rep mappings, and ensure proper comp plans are established and understood
- Assist Channel team in mentoring Partner SEs who’ve been trained and can support Palo Alto Networks evaluation installations
- Foster channel partner SE relationships with their technical teams
- Provide technical leadership in customer interactions to include sharing security trends and best practices being employed by other customers to actively be part of the selling process—have a unique value with the customers in your district
- Act as a floating SE and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or vacation coverage challenge
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise in the territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
- Direct account engagement and customer relationships are a critical part of this role
- BS CS/EE or related (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ Years’ experience as a pre-sales SEM, or 6+ years as a SE or Consulting Engineering
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of Palo Alto Network’s roadmap and technology development efforts
- In-depth knowledge of competitive security products
- Knowledge of how to deliver comprehensive security solutions to Palo Alto Networks’ customer base and maintains a general understanding of competitive selling strategies
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- "Whatever it takes" attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our systems engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.