Channel Sales Manager, Shanghai
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
In this role, you will be responsible for achieving sales quotas on a quarterly and annual basis selling to defined commercial customers through certified two-tier partners. You will be required to manage +30% growth in a commercial territory utilizing a channel to market distribution model to improve short term revenue and long term goals.
- Pre-plan account strategy with your channel partners and work extensively with channel partner sales and pre-sales team to achieve common goals and sales targets
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Build and maintain a constant/future revenue pipeline and present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Qualify and follow up on sales leads with strong ability to analyze the need, present value, negotiate and close deals with IT managers and senior decision makers within the territory
- Maintain records of customers called and update Salesforce.com daily
- Keep up to date knowledge of the industry as well as the competitive position of the company
- Proven track record in exceeding sales quotas and targets working with channel partners with a display of passion about their work and is achievement oriented
- Understands the sales cycle in conjunction with business process externally and internally e.g. signoffs require relationships at all levels
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Track record of channel sales enablement activities and territory management
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly interactive environment
- Maintain focus on daily schedule and objectives and effectively set priorities
The channel organization at Palo Alto Networks is a strategic pillar for our continued growth within cybersecurity, and a critical component to accomplishing our mission. Channel development is an extension of the territory sales team, with an ultimate goal to train and enable our channel partners to become empowered in the use and sales of our products. This team amplifies our organization’s products, focusing on efficient, empowering business tactics to enable a group of channel partners to leverage and utilize our brand and products. This team drives educational understanding and depth of knowledge in a group of strong partners that delivers our products into multiple industries.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.