QA & Automation Engineer (Behavioral Analytics)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Cortex XDR Analytics is the world’s first detection and response app that natively integrates network, endpoint and cloud data to stop sophisticated cyberattacks, uses machine learning to quickly, efficiently and accurately identify cyberattacks based on detecting behavioral anomalies inside the network.
As a QA Engineer in Security and Performance QA team, you will analyze new features and bug fixes, in order to plan highly targeted tests and execute them. You will be responsible for ensuring the ongoing quality of Palo Alto Networks Behavioral Analytics Security product and will be working very closely with the development team, Product team and other functions within the QA department.
More information about the product we test can be found here.
- Learn new technologies and features in a relatively short amount of time
- Confront complicated environments and products testing
- Testing features of a distributed security system
- Design and execute end to end tests in a cross-platform environment on a tight release schedule
- Reproduce and analyze bugs, that either came from the field or found during the testing cycle
- Work in a productive and effective manner, utilizing tools and scripts to make your work more efficient
- Give detailed reports regarding the modules under your responsibility and the progress of your tasks
- Owner of relevant QA user stories, from inception to delivery
- Work closely with developers and product managers to make sure everyone is aligned to the same effort and goal
- 2+ years of software testing experience with a deep understanding of quality and processes
- Deep knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols
- Knowledge experience with Python
- Experience writing testing documents (STDs/STPs) and knowledge of various testing methodologies
- Ability to occasionally work late hours due to time zone differences with US west coast
- Ability to work under pressure with extreme deadlines of parallel prioritized projects, while maintaining focus and a sense of humor
- Cyber background in general and cyber security software knowledgable
- Knowledge and Experience in MySQL, Hadoop would be a plus
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks and the products and services that dedicatedly address them. Our engineering team is at the core of our products – connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. They are constantly innovating – challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. These engineers aren’t shy about building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. They define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
The team is provided with an unrivaled chance to create the products and practices that will support our company growth over the next decade, defining the cybersecurity industry as we know it. If you see the potential of how incredible people products can transform a business, this is the team for you. If you don’t wait for directions, instead, identifying new features and opportunities we have to just get better, this is your new career.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.