Management Plane Software Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The team that you will be working on is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure components and configuration management as well as some of the newer cloud initiatives that have been undertaken by the company. It’s an exciting time to join this team!
- Experience first-hand how our team transforms new challenges into scalable solutions for our enterprise customers
- Learn technologies used to manage appliance configuration using XML documents.
- Have a chance to develop code for automating firewall deployment in virtual environments such as GCP, AWS, etc
- The opportunity to develop code for the storage of logs generated by the firewalls and reporting based on the logs
- Proficient in one or more programming languages including Golang, C/C++, Python or Java
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithm analysis.
- Familiarity with multithreaded programming
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
The Management Plane group is responsible for all aspects of management for the PanOS devices. The areas of responsibility for the group include configuration management, logging, authentication, and cloud initiatives, to name a few.
Requirements – To apply, you must be graduating/recent graduate from a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.