Channel Systems Engineer Enablement Architect
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Palo Alto Networks® Channel Enablement Architect, you are a critical part of the sales team, and you are directly impacting the company's mission. It is your responsibility to help ensure NextWave Partners have access to the right training, tools, and resources, ensuring we are their strategic partner of choice.
Through your hard work, partner engineers will have the: right know-how, capabilities, and access to technically demo, propose, differentiate, and design solutions to secure enterprise & cloud environments; champion Palo Alto Networks® successfully to customers; and, add strong unique technical strengths that solidify why Palo Alto Networks® + partner offers the best value.
You will engage partner engineers and our field Channel Systems Engineers around the world, as an advisor, to understand their needs. You will collaborate cross-functionally with: Education Services, SE Enablement, Reference Architectures, Competitive Intelligence, Marketing, and Product Management to orchestrate, specify, and design the domains of knowledge, as well as the depth and breadth of detail to be incorporated in helping enable partner technical lift and self-sufficiency.
You will travel to both Palo Alto Networks offices and field & partner office locations, as well as to events including Sales Kick Off, SE Summit, EMEA & APAC Tech Summits, and other events.
- Align partner needs and strategy with the value of Palo Alto Networks
- Specify, design, document, publicize, assure quality, and create: demos, enablement, resources, and tools across all aspects of the Palo Alto Networks portfolio to drive expertise in our Partner’s community
- Bring channel perspective to the table, and ensure that relevant channel context is applied to Palo Alto Networks’ technical materials
- Improve the experience, quality, and ongoing creation of technical content to be delivered to partner SE’s through many vehicles: onsite sessions, Insight webcasts, Learning Center education modules, course design, and other marketing/training programs for strategic technical initiatives
- In the course of developing partner technical content, you will work with many Palo Alto Networks and partner groups
- You will work closely with channel systems engineering leadership to identify gaps in current content and incorporate requirements into ongoing development cycles
- You will build and leverage in-depth Palo Alto Networks and partner segment knowledge to provide technical input to editorial calendars, event agenda planning, and dissemination of content through Palo Alto Networks partner SE organizations
- You will be a global resource and as such may be asked to conduct ‘train the trainer’ or ‘job task analysis’ sessions with internal Palo Alto Networks SE channel teams, as well as be the front line for delivering new content to channel partners
- Understanding of 2-tier partner community (distribution and reseller), technology trends, and competitive landscape
- Strong communication and listening skills, including effective delivery of presentations, white-boarding, and labs
- Ability to write and speak clearly and precisely, and structure information logically for digestion
- Ability to ask questions to clarify situations before acting or making decisions
- An understanding of how to qualify company, partner, and field needs to create accord
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Possess excellent project management skills and capabilities to achieve objectives through others.
- BSCS or equivalent and 6+ years of experience as a SE and/or technical trainer
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration, and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, VLANs/trunking, IP routing including static routes, OSPF and BGP, route re-distribution, L4 Load-balancing)
- Industry knowledge of security and network product and technology trends
- Knowledge of competitive solutions and technical selling strategies
- Experience selling, demonstrating, teaching, installing or troubleshooting network security products
- Modern datacenter and public cloud infrastructure and technology is preferred
- Modern network threats and malware is preferred
- Network forensics and incident response is preferred
- Automation and orchestration tools and Endpoint security products technologies is preferred
- Relevant industry certifications – Eg. SANS, CISSP, PCNSE, PSE, CCIE, etc is preferred
As part of our Systems Engineering team, you’ll support the Sales team with technical expertise and guidance when establishing trust with key clients. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks who isn’t committed to your success – everyone pitches in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our Systems Engineering team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredible complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.