Product Manager (Customer Experience Automation)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Customer Experience team is all about helping our clients achieve better security through the adoption of security best practices leveraging the Palo Alto Networks platform with a prevention orientation. We are revolutionizing how quickly customers can maximize the value of their security investment, by incorporating an automation mindset, coupled with a methodology focus to help overcome barriers that may be in the way of improving security posture.
The Customer Experience Automation team is responsible for the innovation around the development of tools to help our customers better understand and measure their current prevention posture and adherence to best practices.
The Customer Experience Automation team is seeking a highly talented product manager to help us develop scalable applications to help our customers better understand if they are using our Prisma and Cortex suite of products according to our best practices. You will have the opportunity to develop solutions that will be used by both internal stakeholders as well as external customers and partners. This initiative is a company priority with executive backing, so you would have the opportunity to make an outsize impact on both our product and our customers.
- Partner with stakeholders across the business, product management, and engineering to define requirements, develop functional specifications, and estimate delivery timelines
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to better understand each persona and their wants and needs to prioritize a comprehensive product roadmap
- Act as the product owner in an agile/scrum process and own writing of user stories, acceptance criteria, and sign off on feature completion
- Manage feature prioritization and decision-making around scope, timeline, and resources in collaboration with the Engineering team and other Product Managers
- Drive and own the entire release management process in terms of documentation, release notes, and blog posts to highlight new features or enhancements included in each release
- Responsible for the completeness, quality, and acceptance of the final deliverables
- Full ownership of assessment tools covering our Cortex and Prisma suite of products to be leveraged by internal and external users (e.g. Support, Professional Services, Sales, Partners, Customers, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from engineering to sales to deliver high-quality products
- Work with the product marketing team and to develop compelling sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams
- Customer engagement and relationship development for executive briefings, product evangelism, and problem discovery
- Enable sales teams and partners with product positioning and support escalations when needed
- BS/MS in a technical field
- Minimum of 5+ years in product management or expertise in SaaS or Cloud-delivered services
- Strong experience building a product vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Have successfully launched products in production
- Must have a background in UI/UX (e.g. React)
- Woking knowledge of SaaS security products, network security, and/or technical support for an enterprise technology vendor
- Good knowledge of log analysis, anomaly detection, and signature management to identify known hardware/software issues using technologies such as Elasticsearch
- Good knowledge of API design, documentation, and developer relations
- Good knowledge of practical applications and features leveraging machine learning (ML) or artificial intelligence (AI)
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in agile/scrum teams as a Product Owner
- Software development background is a plus
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- Exposure to container technologies a plus (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be collaborative and have a growth mindset – this is a highly cross-functional role and must always strive for continuous improvement
To stay ahead of the curve, it’s critical to know where the curve is, and how to anticipate the changes we’re facing. For the fastest-growing cybersecurity company, the curve is the evolution of cyberattacks, and the products and services that proactively address them. Our Product Management Team helps us do just that.
This team provides the behind-the-scenes support for our products by being a source of information for our systems engineers, staying on top of the environment we sell in, and helping to implement technical solutions based on our client’s feedback and needs. As threats and technology evolve, we stay ahead to accomplish our mission.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics..