Product Manager / Sr. Product Manager (Licensing)
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Licensing and Entitlement platform is the central orchestrator for provisioning and consumption of all products, services, support and subscriptions at Palo Alto Networks. The platform carries every customer through their journey along the provisioning and consumption lifecycles. The platform validates licenses and orchestrates certificate-handshake across product-lines for secure data exchanges. This custom-built platform supports the most complicated licensing and entitlement arrangements with the largest enterprises and governments on the planet.
As the Product Manager for our Licensing and Entitlement platform, you will be responsible to define and lead the engineers to deliver the roadmap. In addition to your thought leadership and creativity, you will partner closely with IT Software Engineers, Product Managers, product engineers, Revenue, Sales, Sales Operations, Operations, and Global Customer Support to ensure our licensing and entitlement platform is robust and the experience for our customers and partners is seamless.
- Define vision and strategy for how modern hardware, VM and cloud products should be commercialized, sold, licensed, and supported in the enterprise market, directly and indirectly with channel partners and service providers
- Lead feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making in collaboration with Product Managers and business stakeholders
- Partner with business, product management, and engineering to define requirements, develop functional specifications, and estimate delivery timelines
- Work with business stakeholders across the company to understand their product, services, and subscription licensing requirements. Drive innovative solutions to address those needs
- Support delivery of licensing and entitlement needs for multiple simultaneous new product offerings
- Lead the approach, roadmap, and delivery of transition to the new microservices-based technology stack
- Act as the product owner in an Agile/Scrum process and own writing of user stories, acceptance criteria, and sign off on feature completion
- Collaborate with a Scrum Master to continuously improve our processes and velocity of the NPI team’s sprints
- Managing business expectations, being proactive in planning for fiscal quarters and annual planning, and building excellent partnerships with various leaders within the company
- Deep understanding of the commercial and operational needs of hardware and cloud product offerings
- Extensive experience working with engineering and cross-functional teams in a high technology company
- Domain expertise in licensing and entitlement is desirable
- Strong understanding and worked in Agile/Scrum teams as a Product Owner
- Ability to understand complex technical security architectures (including cloud architectures) and apply that to licensing and entitlement projects as needed
- Highly detailed oriented with the ability to hold your own with product owners and engineering teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ownership, initiative
andability to work independently with limited direction
- Must be hands-on in-style and approach to working with very strong interest and demonstrable aptitude in technology products
Working at a high-tech cybersecurity company within Information Technology is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You’ll be joined with the brightest minds in technology, creating, building, and supporting tools and that enable our global teams on the front line of defense against
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Additionally, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or