Intern - Frontend Management Software Development Engineer
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our global internship program trains the next generation of cybersecurity talent across a range of specializations, from threat intelligence to information security, engineering, and marketing. Interns and recent graduates can learn about the network security industry from leading thinkers, grow their professional networks, and be part of a career-defining experience.
The team that you will be working on is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure components and configuration management as well as some of the newer cloud initiatives that have been undertaken by the company. It’s an exciting time to join this team!
Past projects have ranged from developing features, managing database migration and developing tools for automation on existing products.
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Participate in developing user interfaces for cloud-based security products including Application Portal, Logging and Reporting Service UI using ReactJS
- Participate in developing firewall appliances and central security management software
- Work with the product team and fellow developers to define unique requirements and designs
- Work in a talented & friendly team environment to achieve the best results
- Prior experience in web-based GUI development
- Experience with web framework such as ReactJS, AngularJS, and EXTJS/Sencha Framework.
- Experience with XML and experience with open source software are a plus.
- Strong ability to independently debug development issues
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
The Management Software team is responsible for the development of state of the art user interfaces for Palo Alto Networks’ next-generation firewall and security products. This exciting area of the company is perfect for a student interested in protecting network devices from malicious attacks.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.