Emergency Department Technician/CNA- Per Diem, Variable Shifts & Shift Lengths
Overlake Medical Center is currently seeking an Emergency Department Technician for our Emergency Department. The ED Tech provides direct patient care to patients and their families under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. May provide care to patients of various ages. Overlake's Emergency Department is a 40 bed Level III Trauma Center that serves as the back-up hospital to Harborview Medical Center in the event of a large-scale emergency or regional disaster.
This is a per diem (on-call) position, variable shifts and hours. Benefits are not provided. Requires working a minimum of 5 shifts in a 4-week scheduling period, including one weekend shift.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant Training Program or equivalent documented nursing training experience. Applicants enrolled in a healthcare training program or EMT credentials may also be considered.
- Washington State Nursing Assistant - Certified (NA-C) required or will consider Washington State Nursing Assistant Registered (NA-R).
- Health Care Provider CPR Certification required.
- Washington State Medical Assistant - Phlebotomist (MA-P) must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of one year of recent experience in a health care setting involving patient contact preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and EKG preferred.
- Computer familiarity is preferred.
- Knowledge and handling of hospital equipment and record keeping.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak in the English language.
- Competitive compensation package
- Retirement plan
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer