Childbirth Educator - Per Diem
Overlake Medical Center is currently seeking a Perinatal Educator for our Mom & Baby Care Center. The Perinatal Educator is responsible for providing instruction and support on topics pertinent to parents during the childbearing years, and throughout the family/parenting process.
includes one weekend of classes per month (Friday eve, Sat morning and Sunday), and one week night class per month
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Professional Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must meet one of the following five levels of experience and/or credentials:
- Current Washington State RN with one (1) year of experience in childbirth education or completed coursework in childbirth education or,
- Current Washington State LPN with one (1) year of experience in childbirth education or completed coursework in childbirth education or,
- One of the following certifications: ASPO/Lamaze, International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA) or CBE one year certification through technical college, or
- Currently enrolled in ASPO/Lamaze, International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA) or CBE one year certification through technical college. Must pass certification requirements within two (2) years of being hired to remain in position, or
- Two years of experience as a childbirth educator in a hospital setting.
Experience: Hospital experience in OB and/or teaching experience as a childbirth educator preferred.
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Applications now being accepted for those individuals committed to providing EXCELLENCE to our GROWING Eastside Community.
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer