Clinical Pharmacist, Refill Authorization Center- Per Diem
Clinical Pharmacist, Refill Authorization Center- per diem
The Refill Authorization Center Pharmacist provides clinical pharmacy support for the OMC providers in managing the prescription refill process with the goal to improve operational efficiencies and deliver enhanced refill and medication management services. Clinical and technical knowledge will be utilized to develop policies, guidelines, and processes to improve prescription refill services, improve medication-related quality metrics (e.g., HEDIS, Medicare 5 STAR), align refill procedures to maximize revenue capture for high cost specialty medications, and support effective therapeutic substitution and prior authorization processes.
- B.S. in pharmacy required. Advanced degree and/or ASHP accredited residency preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience in the provision of medication therapy management services to ambulatory patients required.
- Refill pharmacist experience preferred.
- Upon hire, must be a registered pharmacist in the state of Washington
- Excellent interpersonal skills, advanced oral and written communication skills, advanced customer service skills, ability to work with a variety of ages and people of various ethnic and language backgrounds.
- Attention to detail with good critical thinking and problem solving skills. In-depth knowledge of medication use processes and drug information services, including experience writing policies, procedures and clinical guidelines.
- Broad pharmacotherapy knowledge for managing patient medication therapy needs, including current treatment guidelines and literature.
- Experience with computer applications preferably EPIC.
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA www.orcacard.com)
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.