Facility Access Screeners (Part Time / Night Shift)
This position helps maintain a safe and healthy environment for Overlake Hospital Medical Center staff, patients and visitors. Screeners take temperature checks and ask symptom questions of all persons entering the facility. Screeners provide staff, providers, patients, visitors, and vendors with daily access stickers allowing access for a 24 hour period. Screeners provide patients and visitors with temporary badges. Screeners adhere to the visitation policy and provide way finding to patients and visitors. They must effectively coordinate facility management efforts with others to assure acceptable outcomes. Screeners must be able to communicate policies effectively and compassionately.
- Screen all persons entering the facility with a temperature check and a series of symptom questions.
- Use verbal de-escalation measures to assure patient and staff satisfaction and safety.
- As needed, escort ED and IP visitors/pateints to departments.
- Interact with Main Desk and Charge Nurses to determine which patients meet the visitation criteria.
- Interact with family members and associates of patients, explaining hospital processes and protocols.
- Use the interpreter phone when necessary.
- Provide all visitors and patients with a mask if they do not already have one.
- Maintain knowledge of both organization wide and department specific policies and procedures as they relate to Visitation.
- Maintain good public relations with all hospital staff, providers, patients, and visitors through professional mannerisms, appearance, conduct and attitude.
- Follow the policies, procedures, and practices outlined in the Code of Conduct and Organizational Ethics policy. Report any business practice/compliance concerns according to organization policy.
- Exhibit behaviors that support the organization’s Service
- Restock materials in screening bins.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Part Time / Night Shift
0.8 FTE (64 hours per pay period)
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) course and certification also required within six months of employment.
- One year in a customer service role preferred
- Ability to work productively with minimal oversight
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing and sometimes conflicting priorities while maintaining customer service.
- Prolonged standing and walking (90%), sitting (10%).
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer