Professional Development Specialist
Professional Development Specialist (Team Coordinator)Are you an educator? Are you passionate about continually developing excellence in your nursing staff? At Overlake Hospital you get the opportunity to experience the power of possibility, the power to grow, and the power of fun!
Part Time (.8 FTE - 64 hours per two-week pay period)
(4) 8 hour shifts per week
The Professional Development Specialist (PDS), is responsible for supporting the professional development of nursing staff through assessment, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of nursing programs, in-services, competencies, and continuing education activities with utilization adult learning principles, current teaching strategies and evidence based practice. This role works collaboratively with nursing and hospital leadership for positive outcomes to ensure quality patient care. This position will support onboarding and organizational program development and implementation.
Lead Responsibilities include:
Oversee content and program development for education initiatives Facilitate and coordinate onboarding programs Assist with nurse residency program including content facilitation, mentoring and preceptor development Coordinate CE program
Things are a little different here in a great way.
Why nurses love working at Overlake - "We have an exceptional team of people. We take great care of patients and we take great care of each other. It's a really supportive environment and the patients absolutely sense it... Nurses are valued here." - Chris West RN.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA)
- Professional development
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Graduate of accredited school of Registered Nursing required. Either Master's Degree in Nursing (MN, MSN) or Master's of Education (M.Ed) also required.
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Washington.
- Health Care Provider CPR Certification required. ACLS preferred.
- Three years nursing experience in an acute healthcare setting required. Experience in adult education, teaching, program planning, development, coordination and evaluation process required. Experience in quality improvement efforts, facilitation and group process knowledge and skills preferred.
- BLS instructor preferred. Excellent computer skills. Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and organization skills.
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Applications now being accepted for those individuals committed to providing EXCELLENCE to our GROWING Eastside Community.
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an Equal Opportunity Employer