Pharmacy Clinical Specialist - Oncology
Are you the Oncology Pharmacy Clinical Specialist that Overlake Hospital is looking for? If you are, then you are ready to work in one of the most comprehensive and advanced Cancer Centers on the Eastside - a Center that will provide the very best possible diagnostic, treatment and support services, focused on the needs of our patients and families and making us the hospital of choice for cancer care.
Overlake Cancer Center is excited to announce that we are entering a world-class partnership with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance to continue to deliver extraordinary care to our Eastside population. The individual selected for this role will be at the forefront of this collaboration with Overlake employment anticipated to transition to Seattle Cancer Care Alliance effective July 2020.
Opened in 2017, Overlake has a state-of-the art Cancer Center that:
- Combined our world-class services including radiation, surgical oncology and medical oncology with a full array of integrative and supportive services, to treat mind, body and spirit.
- Offers seamless, coordinated care in modern, healing spaces.
- Expanded our capacity to meet the growing needs of our community.
- Is unique in the region for its cohesive, integrated approach.
Join the team as they work together caring for our community. The Oncology Pharmacy Clinical Specialist
- Is focused on optimizing drug therapy for patients with cancer through the design, recommendation, implementation, monitoring, and modification of individualized pharmacotherapeutic plans in collaboration with the multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Contributes to the care of patients with cancer through generation, interpretation, integration, and dissemination of knowledge related to oncology, and the education of patients, caregivers, healthcare providers, and trainees.
- Establish, implement, and monitor systems, policies and procedures to ensure the safe, effective, and appropriate use of medications for patients with cancer.
- In this highly visible position you will be coordinating oncology pharmacy clinical services throughout the medical center with a vision toward functioning as the “responsible manager” for the Oncology Parenteral Pharmacy as licensed.
The Oncology Pharmacy core team you will lead is a fun, friendly group who work closely together to provide excellence every day. The environment is highly automated with OmnicellTM automated delivery systems and CPOE utilizing the Epic TM Beacon EMR. You will have a state-of-the-art clean room meeting the latest USP 797 and 800 standards for production of all parenteral products.
Full Time / Day Shift
80 hours per pay period
- B.S. or PharmD in pharmacy from an accredited school of pharmacy required. Advanced degree and/or ASHP accredited residency preferred.
- Must be a registered pharmacist in the state of Washington. Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist required or employment agreement to obtain BCOP within 2 years. Healthcare provider CPR and ACLS required.
- Minimum of three years of acute care or clinic oncology pharmacy required. Two years management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Overlake Medical Center is a 349-bed, nonprofit regional medical center offering a full range of advanced medical services to the Puget Sound Region. Led by a volunteer Board of Directors, we employ just over 2,500 people and have more than 1,000 active and courtesy physicians on staff. We are located in Bellevue, Washington just to the East of Seattle. Some of our neighbors are Microsoft, and Expedia just to name a few.
Our Mission is to provide compassionate care for every life we touch. Our Visionis a vibrant and thriving Eastside health system that enhances the health and well-being of our community. YOU CAN PLAY A VERY REAL PART IN THIS as our Oncology Pharmacy Clinical Specialist