Patient Access Coordinator
The Patient Access Coordinator will provide exceptional customer and front office services to patients. Coordinate communications among staff, patients, and providers about patient check-in process. Accurately collect records and ensure distribution to appropriate staff via the EMR and/or manual systems; perform clerical, scheduling, and records activities in support of patients and staff.
Shift: Part-time .6 Variable Day shift
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors preferred.
- Formal training in medical terminology, hospital finance and customer relations is preferred.
- Previous admission/registration experience or previous physician office, hospital, or other frontline customer contact service in a fast paced, high volume business setting.
- Demonstrated customer service skills required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interview, educate and advise patients of hospital policies and the professionalism to positively interact with other Overlake personnel are required.
- Outstanding professionalism, poise and tact in appearance, manner and personality.
- Knowledge of the financial requirements of insurances, HMO and PPO organizations and state and federal programs.
- Ability to type 50 WPM and use 10-key accurately.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital processes required.
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer