**PREMIUM** RN – Break Relief Nurse Float Pool for the Child Birth Center - .9 FTE, 12-Hour Nights
Generous benefits, perks, free parking, float premium, shift differentials, premium for BSN and/or MSN, and specialty certification, as well as relocation!
This is a .9 FTE, 12-Hour Night Shift position in the Child Birth Center. It requires working every other weekend (Friday and Saturday nights)
The Childbirth Center Break Relief Nurse assumes the responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care while he/she is relieving other licensed nurses during break/meal periods in the assigned unit. Break relief nurses will not be expected to assume charge nurse duties. The Childbirth Center is comprised of Labor and Delivery, Mother Baby Unit, and Special Care Nursery/NICU.
According to the established standards of nursing practice and standards of care, he/she demonstrates an ability to make clinical nursing judgment in an efficient and effective manner. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of skilled, high quality patient care; for assisting in the planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating nursing practice and collaborating with members of the healthcare team. RNs in this capacity may assume patient care assignment if patient care needs demand arises.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Registered Nursing required, BSN preferred.
- Current WA state RN license required.
- Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (BLS) required.
- Must have experience in L&D, Mother/Baby, and at least Special Care Nursery and/or the NICU.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Ability to move between 3 units with a high degree of comfort, teamwork and professionalism.
- Preferred certifications include: RNC-OB, CCRN (Neonatal.)
- Float Pool Premium
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Free ORCA pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- And much more
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Working for Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is a little different in a really good way. We are an independent, award winning hospital. Overlake is big enough to be a leader but small enough to flexible and nimble in our ever-changing field. Here there is a culture of connectivity. You meet with your managers face-to-face. The executive leadership team is onsite and connected to the day-to-day of the organization. Culture is a big focus and you can tell by how welcoming everyone is and all the smiles you see.
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is an equal opportunity employer