Employee Health Nurse (Temporary)
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics is currently seeking an RN for a TEMPORARY opening in Employee Health. Primary responsibilities would include phone calls related COVID and coordinating testing. Also responsible for responding to calls related to new hires and ergonomics.
Part Time - 0.6 FTE
Day Shift - 48 hours per pay period
Temporary - 6 month anticipated duration
SCHEDULE: Friday, Sat, Sun (7 am - 4:30 pm)
Responsible for assuring that an organized and effective program for employee health and safety is maintained and monitored. The Employee Health Nurse is available for employee consultations regarding health issues; actively initiates and coordinates programs and provides corrective measures to promote wellness and protect the health of Overlake Hospital employees; complies with various agency requirements pertaining to occupational health and safety. Also works under the direction of the Medical Director of Employee Health.
- Use personal computer (Midas, Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, etc.) regularly to input data, prepare complex text, spreadsheets, correspondence and reports. Compose documents from written dictations, abstract ideas and general information. Accurately complete assignments within designated time frames.
- Provide Employee Health counseling which may include the following:
- Counsel employees and refer to private M.D. or other appropriate provider
- Screen employees who become ill at work and/or those returning to work following certain illnesses.
- Evaluate the health status of prospective/new employees as appropriate.
- Evaluate on-the-job illnesses and injuries, treating as appropriate, based on approved protocol or referring to private physician or other provider as indicated. Review all incidents involving job-related injury or illnesses providing education when needed to reduce injuries.
- Coordinate the administration of immunization and screening for new employees, , physicians and volunteers including TB screening and/or immunizations for measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis, Tetanus, Pertussis and influenza. Conduct annual review classes for CAPR training.
- Responsible for monitoring the Respiratory Protection Plan including annual TB screening, respirator fitting when indicated, CAPR training, annual training and medical surveillance; coordination of medical surveillance for HAZ MAT team.
- Coordinate employee exposures to infectious patients with Infection Prevention. Investigate and implement screening after exposure incidents (i.e., needlestick injury) according to Overlake Hospital’s policy. Investigate ways to improve exposure rates.
- Maintain appropriate records and statistics as required by Washington Industrial Safety and Health Organization (WISHA), Federal OSHA accident record keeping forms and quality indicators for organizational needs.
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Associate’s degree in nursing required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Registered Nurse with current Washington State Professional licensure required.
Certified Occupational Health Nurse preferred.
Certified Safe Patient Handling Professional preferred.
Three years of nursing experience in medical/surgical nursing required. Employee Health or Occupational Health experience preferred.
Proven interpersonal skills.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written
Ability to perform fit testing using qualitative method preferred.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer