Nurse Practitioner - Palliative Care
Job Summary: Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner responsible for direct patient care as part of the palliative care team.
- Employed position with excellent medical and dental benefits
- Generous compensation model with bonus
- Significant growth opportunities
- 3 part retirement program
- Top rated public schools
- No state income tax - EPIC EMR
Job Responsibilities: (**Essential job function)
Within the scope of the advanced registered nurse practitioner's knowledge, experience, and specialty scope of practice statement(s), the licensed advanced registered nurse practitioner will perform the following functions:
- **Performs palliative care patient/family evaluation of hospitalized patients and clinic patients as needed.
- **Assists with diagnosis, treatment, and management of acute and chronic health conditions for patients/families related to Palliative Care.
- **May prescribe medications including controlled substances to the extent delegated and licensed.
- **Orders treatments and durable medical equipment as indicated to the extent delegated and licensed.
- **Consults with palliative care physician or designees as needed, informs primary physician of services provided and collaborates with other physicians.
- **Assists in all facets of care coordination for palliative care referrals.
- **Prepares and maintains accurate patient records, charts, and documents to support sound medical practice and reimbursement for services provided as applicable.
- **Complies with applicable laws and regulations with respect to Collaborative Agreements.
- **Adheres to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and the organization.
- **Supports nursing staff throughout the hospital and ensures plan of care is appropriate.
- **Supports Quality Improvement initiatives for the Palliative Care Service. Assists in development of clinical practice guidelines/standards in support of quality palliative care.
- **Establishes connections with community programs.
- **Participates in a role of ongoing education of staff in issues pertaining to Palliative Care, and additional educational efforts as needed.
- Follows the policies, procedures, and practices outlined in the Code of Conduct and Organizational Ethics policy. Reports any business practice/compliance concerns according to organization policy
- Exhibits behaviors that support the organization’s Service Standards and Cultural Beliefs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s degree in nursing from a nurse practitioner training pathway required.
Professional Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current license to practice as a registered nurse in Washington State is required. Also must have current Washington State licensure as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. DEA licensure required. Current healthcare provider CPR required. The National Board for Certification of Hospice and Palliative Nurses (NBCHPN) certification must be obtained within one year of hire. Must successfully complete Overlake Hospital Medical Center Provider Credentialing prior to start date.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of recent RN adult acute or critical care clinical nursing experience required. Previous nursing experience with geriatric or oncology patients preferred. Previous palliative care nursing experience also highly desired.
Overlake Clinics is a part of Overlake Medical Center, a 349-bed, independent, nonprofit health system offering a full range of advanced medical services to the Puget Sound region. Led by a volunteer board of trustees, Overlake employs nearly 3,000 people and has some 1,000 active and courtesy providers on our medical staff, including more than 200 providers who are employed by our physician-led organization.
Overlake’s financial strength and the enduring dedication of our staff has sustained us throughout the pandemic, ensuring that our mission, Compassionate care for every life we touch, continues for many years to come.
Overlake Medical Center & Clinics is an equal opportunity employer located in Bellevue, WA.