Manager of Information System Applications
Job Summary: Under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer, is responsible for managing the Clinical and Business applications support function within the Information Services Department. This includes the definition, design, development, implementation, upgrade and daily maintenance of systems application software. Translates operational requirements into applications that create business value, and with the operational stakeholders, actively promote the use of the application to end-users. Establishes the IT Application Services strategy and communicates the value of technology or applications to operational stakeholders and users. Understands user needs and provides services and support that will enable users to provide quality patient care, to increase the cost effectiveness of their operations and to make better decisions. The IT Application Services Manager participates in the Information Services operating budget planning and management, project management, contract negotiation, IS strategy, and vendor management.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in information technology required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory or management role leading technology professionals.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred.
- Project management skills required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills to use in solving complex technical problems.
- Must possess advanced interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively interface with executive management, management, customers, line staff, vendors, and consultants.
- Management incentive plan
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 3 part retirement plan with matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free parking
- Free ORCA pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- Relocation assistance
- And much more
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.