Community Engagement Specialist
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics has an outstanding opportunity for a Community Engagement Specialist to join our team! The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for implementing the community outreach and education plan in support of the organization’s vision to enhance the health and well-being of the Eastside community.
Some responsibilities include:
- Develops programs and content to educate community members about Overlake’s key services.
- Leads, attends, coordinates, special events and classes independently and with local and national organizations, including group facilitation, corporate events, and community informational sessions.
- Plans and arranges community outreach, education and event activities to ensure maximum participation with established and new community partners and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborates with community partners and Overlake providers and staff in planning, developing, and monitoring health education activities and programs.
- Builds strong working relationships with key community partners and serve as Overlake liaison to understand local dynamics and promote Overlake’s services and programming.
- Evaluates opportunities to enhance awareness of Overlake’s services and develops strategies to address needs.
- Develops communication to effectively promote events, including email, social media strategies, invitations, fliers, posters, brochures, programs, signs, ads, etc.
- Organizes, tracks, measures, and evaluates community outreach, education and event activity progress to continuously improve efforts
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Bachelor’s degree required.
Valid Washington State driver’s license is required.
Requires a minimum of three years marketing experience which includes content development and event planning.
Strategic and creative skills in project management, writing and presentation. Outstanding command of written and spoken English; fluency in Mandarin preferred. Flexibility, self-starting attitude and the interpersonal, organizational and cross-cultural collaboration skills needed to work in a fast-paced environment. Excellent command of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge and experience working with print media, public relations, collateral, social media metrics and online platforms.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer