Mental Health Specialist (Part Time / Day Shift)
We are currently seeking a Mental Health Specialist to work on our inpatient psychiatric unit. The Psychiatric Unit is a 14 bed acute voluntary unit specializing in crisis intervention for adult patients. Our average length of stay is 3-5 days. A Mental Health Specialist is a member of the psychiatry nursing team whose primary duties and responsibilities are to provide individualized direct care and to participate in the Interdisciplinary Program. The Mental Health Specialist works under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
Part Time - Day shift
0.6 FTE - 48 hours per pay period
- Facilitates goals and educational groups.
- Establishes a supportive, therapeutic relationship with patients in order to engage patients in active program cooperation.
- Functions as advocate and coordinates patient care in accordance with Behavioral Health Unit standards.
- Provides patient care under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Participates in care conferences, team meetings, milieu, and attends a minimum of 70% of staff meetings.
- Reports and documents patient observations as indicated per unit standards.
- Updates and follows through on care plans.
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and other patient care data in Epic EMR.
- Exhibits behavior that supports the organization's Service Standards and Cultural Beliefs.
- Maintains and/or takes action to address patient and environmental safety. Participates in emergency procedures such as restraint and/or seclusion measures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- NA-R or NA-C required upon hire. Upon hire, one of the following Washington State counseling certifications is also required: Certified Counselor (CL), Mental Health Counselor (LH), Mental Health Counselor Associate (MC), Marriage & Family Therapist (LF), Marriage & Family Therapist Associate (MG), Social Worker Associate Independent (SC), or Chemical Dependency Professional (CP). If candidate does not meet the foregoing certification requirements, then must obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor (CG) license within 6-months of date of hire. Healthcare provider CPR required.
- Master's degree required.
- Healthcare provider CPR Certification required.
- Inpatient acute psychiatric experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills/experience.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Free ORCA card
- Free parking
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we’ve cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we’re more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer