Director of Perioperative Services
For years Overlake Medical Center, Bellevue, WA, has earned a grade "A" in Safety from the Leapfrog Group along with top honors from Blue Cross and Healthgrades. In addition, the surgical team has received Service Excellence Awards year after year in multiple specialties. Overlake with Top Docs, Hybrid ORs, the latest in robotics, and a partnership with Stryker for a completely renovated SPD with the only onsite state-of-the-art Stryker instrument repair lab in the Puget Sound area, is a great place to lead.
Reporting directly to the COO, the Director of Perioperative Services is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to grow surgical volume by developing new programs, collaborating with community and employed physicians, researching and acquiring new technology, and assuring high visibility in the community for Surgical Services through planned outreach initiatives. The Director is responsible to assure the provision of high quality care and safety for surgical patients and their families. This includes effective staff recruitment and retention, physician relations, physician satisfaction and maintaining designated budgetary parameters.
- Plan and integrate functions and services to support Overlake Hospital's goals and priorities
- Closely collaborate with Marketing and Strategy to assure a partnership in promoting Surgical Services, demonstrating responsiveness to the local and national market.
- Build effective working relationships throughout the organization with leadership, staff, physicians, customers, suppliers and the public as appropriate.
- Provide leadership for effective and efficient service.
- Continually assess and improve care and services provided to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of customers. Foster continuous quality improvement by leading teams in use of quality management tools and processes.
- Provide direction to assure appropriate management of organizational resources with fiscal responsibility.
- Management incentive plan
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 3 part retirement plan with matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free parking
- Free ORCA pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- Relocation assistance
- And much more
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing required.
- Master's Degree in nursing, business or related healthcare field preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of management experience in an acute Surgical Services environment.
- Able to utilize computer technology to analyze, present, and communicate at a highly competent and professional level.
- Electronic medical record experience preferred.
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.