Substance Use Disorder Professional- .8 FTE, 8-Hour, Evenings
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics has new opportunities for Substance Use Disorder Professional (CDPTs will be considered) to work on our inpatient psychiatric unit.
Full benefits, generous perks and tuition program, and free parking!
The Psychiatric Unit is a 14-bed acute voluntary unit specializing in crisis intervention for adult patients, and is adding a track for co-occurring disorders. A Substance Use Disorder Professional is a member of the psychiatry nursing team whose primary duties and responsibilities are to provide individualized direct care and to participate in the Interdisciplinary Program. The Substance Use Disorder Professional works under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
This is a .8 FTE (64 hours per two-week pay period), 8-hour evening shift position.
- Nursing Assistant Certification or Registration required upon hire.
- Healthcare provider CPR Certification required.
- One of the following Washington State counseling certifications is required: Certified Counselor (CL), Mental Health Counselor (LH), Mental Health Counselor Associate (MC), Marriage & Family Therapist (LF), or Marriage & Family Therapist Associate (MG), Social Worker Independent Clinical License (LW)
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills/experience.
- Facilitates educational groups for patients and families.
- Establishes a supportive, therapeutic relationship with patients in order to engage patients in active program cooperation.
- Functions as advocate and coordinates patient care in accordance with Behavioral Health Unit standards.
- Provides patient care under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
- Conducts assessments to determine the best level of care to address the patient's SUD after discharge from the inpatient unit.
- Reports and documents patient observations as indicated per unit standards.
- Updates and follows through on care plans.
- Exhibits behavior that supports the organization's Service Standards and Cultural Beliefs.
- Maintains and/or takes action to address patient and environmental safety. Participates in emergency procedures such as restraint and/or seclusion measures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Free ORCA card
- Free parking
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we’ve cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we’re more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer