Substance Use Disorder Professional-Inpatient Psychiatric Unit- .6 FTE, 8-Hour, Evenings
Overlake Medical Center and Clinics has new opportunities for Substance Use Disorder Professionals to work on our inpatient psychiatric unit.
Full benefits, generous perks and tuition program, and free parking!
The Psychiatric Unit is a 14-bed acute voluntary unit specializing in crisis intervention for adult patients, and is adding a track for co-occurring disorders. A Substance Use Disorder Professional is a member of the psychiatry nursing team whose primary duties and responsibilities are to provide individualized direct care and to participate in the Interdisciplinary Program. The Substance Use Disorder Professional works under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
This is a .6 FTE (48 hours per two-week pay period), 8-hour evening shift position.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Equivalent related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Nursing Assistant Certification or Registration required upon hire.
- Healthcare provider CPR Certification required.
- Active Substance Use Disorder Professional certification in the State of Washington required.
- Inpatient and/or outpatient co-occurring disorder treatment experience preferred.
- Primary duties and responsibilities are to provide individualized direct care to patients with substance abuse disorders.
- Educate patients on the consequences of substance abuse.
- Teaching patients coping mechanisms to assist them in achieving recovery and staying in recovery.
- Assess and recommend continuing treatment or support upon discharge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Free ORCA card
- Free parking
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
The community you will join
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we’ve cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we’re more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Overlake Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer