Individual Giving Officer
Overlake Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Individual Giving Officer to join our Foundation Team! The person in this role is responsible for developing and implementing mid-level ($1,000 to $10,000) and planned giving donor engagement activities to increase support for Overlake Medical Center. Identify and cultivate current and new donors as well as planned giving donors and prospects.. Work with the major and planned gifts team to identify and qualify potential major and planned giving donors. Initiate and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities for mid-level and planned giving donors. Develop and implement mid-level retention strategies.
- Develop and implement creative donor retention and moves management strategies for portfolio of current mid-level and planned giving donors.
- Complete face-to-face visits with goal of soliciting gifts and planned gifts; document with contact reports and maintain accurate, comprehensive records in donor database.
- Engage midlevel donors in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities, including Circle of Excellence events, the Bandage Ball, tours, and other engagement opportunities
- Gain expertise in planned giving strategy and instruments and serve as planned giving resource for fundraising team.
- Steward Benefactor Society members.
- Maintain accurate records and provide reports that track progress toward mid-level and planned giving goals.
- Support Director of Philanthropy in engaging the Planned Giving Advisory Council
- Maintain knowledge of current IRS laws governing not-for-profits. Stay informed about professional standards, legislation, trends and issues in philanthropy. Participate in educational and professional development opportunities.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum three years relevant fundraising experience required, preferably in annual giving, moves management, small group cultivation and one-on-one relationship building. Knowledge of Eastside community and experience in planned giving and healthcare fundraising preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software and with fund raising database systems required. Experience with The Raiser’s Edge preferred. High degree of initiative with excellent independent follow-through. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with a variety of people and groups at all levels of the organization and community. Organized, goal-oriented team player, capable of coordinating several projects at once.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer