Security Officer (Per Diem)
SECURITY OFFICER - OVERLAKE MEDICAL CENTER
Integrity Compassion Accountability Respect Excellence
Per Diem - Variable Shifts
This position helps maintain a safe and secure environment for Overlake Medical Center staff, patients and visitors. Officers must quickly and independently assess rapidly evolving events and determine appropriate interventions. They must effectively coordinate efforts with others, both within and outside the security department, to assure acceptable outcomes. Officers must adapt to rapidly changing and sometimes conflicting priorities while maintaining customer satisfaction. Provide a full spectrum of security services to a diverse customer base. Duties include: Interaction with the public answering questions, giving directions and responding to concerns as needed. Patrol of facility campus and related off campus locations as needed; maintaining high visibility in a manner that reflects well on the department and organization overall. Use of computer based systems for surveillance, access control and documentation. Respond to all emergency requests for assistance including fire, hazardous materials spills, criminal activity, emotional and psychiatric disturbances. Ability to use verbal de-escalation techniques or minimum force possible to contain out of control persons. Candidates must have customer service skills and be computer literate. Candidates should be able to run and be physically able to intervene if necessary in emergency situations. Must be available for all shifts.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Professional development
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Washington State Driver's license required, no criminal violations.
- Healthcare provider BLS certification required.
- One year in a customer service role preferred
- One year healthcare security preferred
- Certification as a Basic Healthcare Security Officer required through the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) required within one year of employment
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) course and certification also required within six months of employment.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer