Acute Care Occupational Therapist, Per Diem
Overlake Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for a Per Diem Occupational Therapist! The Occupational Therapist upon physician referral evaluates, develops, establishes and carries out a prescribed therapy program for patients of various ages that will work towards optimal functioning.
Per Diem - Day Shift
Graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy and completion of six-month Field work Experience.
- Licensed as OTR by the State of Washington, or meets licensure requirements and holds a temporary permit.
- Minimum six-month experience as an Occupational Therapist in a rehabilitation facility or general hospital is preferred. Able to demonstrate proficiency in using current methods in patient treatment. Able to evaluate patient independently and plan appropriate treatment. Able to work independently, in cooperation with others. Demonstrate professional behavior and judgment. Courteous and respectful toward co-workers and patients. Able to observe and interpret human behavior accurately. Able to establish constructive relationships with patients and modify treatment approach as needed. Able to organize and carry out responsibilities efficiently. Demonstrate interest and follow through in improving professional skills. Able to accept and respond appropriately to constructive criticism. Able to effectively instruct patients and caregivers in safety issues and home exercise programs.
Home Visits: Provide occasional home visits when necessary and, must be able to supply car with proper insurance and load/unload adaptive equipment.
Physical Requirements: Sitting and walking continuously, alternates with standing in outpatient area. Frequent lifting. Must be able to lift, move or assist patients weighing up to 300 pounds or more with help of other staff members using proper body mechanics. Frequent carrying of 20-30 pounds for distances of one end of hall to another. Can include pushing/pulling, bending, crouching, crawling, squatting, getting in awkward positions and stair-climbing. Vision correctable to WNL. Hearing to a degree sufficient to respond to emergency situations for staff and patient safety
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer