Surgical Processing Technician - Evenings
Surgical Processing Technician - Full Time, 1.0 FTE evening shift position, benefits eligible.
Overlake Hospital is seeking a Surgical Processing Technician for the Sterile Processing Department. The Surgical Processing Technician will be responsible for the technical functional tasks involved in the decontamination, assembly, packaging, and sterilization of all reprocessed items and equipment, including full surgical instruments trays. Additionally, the Surgical Processing Technician will be responsible for developing and maintaining systems and projects under the direction of the shift supervisor .
Shift: 1400 - 2230 Evenings - variable
Qualifications for Surgical Processing Technician:
- Education should include the equivalent of completion of High School level studies and Surgical Processing Technician Course completion strongly preferred.
- Preferred one year or more demonstrated competence and experience in a comparable position in another health care institution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English Language.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory relating to decontamination and sterilization procedures.
- Ability to learn identification and proper handling of surgical instrumentation and to assemble full surgical instrument trays, surgical power equipment, and scopes.
- Ability to perform all routine tasks/duties in the Surgical Processing, without direct supervision.
- Ability to assist and support new personnel during their training period.
- Demonstrated ability and initiative in performance of non-routine tasks/projects, without direct supervision.
- Physically capable of standing and walking for long periods of time. Ability to lift instrument sets weighing approximately 30 pounds.
Qualifications for Certified Surgical Processing Technician:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST), or Certified Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) is required.
- One year of sterile processing experience in a acute care hospital setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English Language. Thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles and theory relating to decontamination and sterilization procedures required. Detailed knowledge of identification and proper handling of surgical instrumentation and assembly of full surgical instrument tray, surgical power equipment, and scopes also required.
- Frequent periods of walking and standing. Exposure to and contact with disinfectants, cleaning agents, and sterilants. Work is performed in a clean, climate-controlled, well-lit environment.
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Professional development
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Applications now being accepted for those individuals committed to providing EXCELLENCE to our GROWING Eastside Community.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer