Diabetes Nurse Educator, Part-Time
Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Nurse or Dietitian (RN, CDE or RD, CDE)
Part-time, .2 FTE (16 hours/2 week day period)
Implements diabetes education programs and related services.
- Conducts individualized needs assessment on all identified inpatient and outpatient individuals with diabetes.
- Plans individualized and group instruction based on results of needs assessments.
- Provides individualized and group instruction in diabetes self-management to persons with diabetes, their families and significant others.
- Documents diabetes education services provided, assessment of learning outcomes and needs for follow-up services.
Assists in planning, implementing and evaluating diabetes education programs.
- Serves as a resource to clients and professional staff on diabetes issues.
- Serves as an active member of the multidisciplinary ADA Recognition Annual Advisory Board and participates in goal setting, data collection and annual meeting updates.
- Follows the policies, procedures, and practices outlined in the Code of Conduct and Organizational Ethics policy. Reports any business practice/compliance concerns according to organization policy.
- Facilitates scheduling and secures speakers for the Diabetes Lecture Series. Communicates with Overlake Marketing to facilitate flyers and marketing for the program at least a month in advance of each new quarter.
- Develops, maintains, and updates policies and procedures annually
- Education: Degree in Nursing
- Professional Licensure/Certification/Registration:
- Valid current licensure in the individual's profession in Washington State.
- Certified by the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators.
- BLS Certification Required
- Experience: Recent teaching experience in outpatient and/or inpatient education.
- Special Training/Skills: As required for certification as a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE).
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer