Medical Staff Assistant - Provider Credentialing
Responsible for physician credentialing - new appointments and reappointment. Assists in coordinating Medical Staff Services activities and assures continuity of Medical Staff activities. Maintains and supplies statistical records about Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional Staff.
- Processing applications to the Medical and Allied Health Professional staff (working with application and applicant from initial application to Board approval.
- Responsible for physician credentialing - new appointments and reappointment. Assists in coordinating Medical Staff Services activities and assures continuity of Medical Staff activities. Maintains and supplies statistical records about Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional Staff.
- Processing reappointments to the Medical Staff and Allied Health Professional staff.
- Maintain current staff statistical records in office database and in hospital-wide system.
- Regular reporting of information: queries to National Practitioners Data Bank, AMA report, DEA report, Licensure report, Washington State Patrol report, end of the year statistic compilation.
Full Time - Day Shift
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- College degree preferred.
- CMSC preferred.
- Requires two years experience in an administrative assistant or other administrative/clerical role. Prior administrative/clerical experience within a hospital or medical clinic is preferred, as is prior physician credentialing experience.
- Knowledge of current accreditation standards and requirements related to medical staff organizations preferred; knowledge of hospital by laws, meeting formats, and procedures preferred; minute taking and writing skills; ability to discern and maintain confidentiality; ability to handle multiple tasks and handle frequent interruptions; good oral and written communication skills.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer