The Payroll Manager provides leadership to the payroll team and is responsible for managing the bi-weekly payroll process to ensure all employees are paid timely and accurately. Takes the lead in the implementation and update of payroll and timekeeping systems. Partners with HR Compensation in payroll/compensation process improvements, pay policies and practices. Manages physician compensation calculations, working with HR Compensation to ensure efficient processes and systems. Leads annual retirement audit and ensures appropriate accruals for annual retirement match. Responsible for quarterly and annual reporting, IRS filings and all tax and legal changes which affect payroll.
- Plan and integrate functions and services to support Overlake's goals and priorities
- Build effective working relationships throughout the organization with managers, staff, physicians, customers and suppliers.
- Provide leadership for effective service.
- Select qualified and competent employees; provide orientation and continuing education and development.
- Communicate Overlake Hospital's vision and priorities and facilitate development of team and individual goals in alignment with organization goals.
- Establish performance expectations and provide coaching to achieve positive results. Recognize effective performance, and address performance needing improvement in an honest and timely manner.
- Empower staff to make decisions by providing information and tools.
- Serve as an effective role model of Overlake's Shared Values and encourage staff to develop and demonstrate those values.
- Continually assess and improve care and services provided to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of customers. Foster continuous quality improvement by leading teams in use of quality management tools and processes.
- Manage organizational resources with fiscal responsibility and promote effective allocation and utilization.
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll process to ensure that employees are paid timely and accurately.
- Review audit and exception reports. Work with Payroll staff to identify errors and address them in a timely manner.
- Review quarterly and annual reporting to regulatory agencies.
- Coordinate with accountants on compensation data for IRS Form 990 fillings.
- Own and manage physician compensation calculations and drive organization efficiencies, processes, and systems for physician compensation.
- Document payroll and compensation processes and implement process improvements in coordination with HR team.
- Lead organizational change and responsible for staying apprised of tax and legal changes that impact payroll.
- Reconcile payroll and benefit liability accounts.
- Coordinate annual retirement match with Manager of Total Compensation and ensure appropriate monthly accruals. Lead annual retirement plan audit. Participate in quarterly retirement planning committee meetings.
- Ensures all non-salary compensation payments, such as incentives, bonuses, executive payments, non-qualified deferred compensation are paid accurately in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Leadership Incentive Plan
- Free public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 2 part retirement plan including matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance program
- Professional development
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university required. Work experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 7 years payroll experience required, Minimum 2 years supervisory experience required. Healthcare experience strongly preferred. Experience with collective bargaining agreements strongly preferred, experience with round-the-clock, large hourly workforce organization is required.
- Workday/Kronos experience beneficial but not required; must have strong systems experience. Good verbal and written communication skills. Strong leadership skills and ability to mentor staff.
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer