Social Worker, Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic, Per Diem
Seeking an exceptional Social Worker to join our Outpatient Psychiatry department.
FTE: Per Diem
Job Summary: The Social Work position within the day hospital program is a member of the direct patient care team involved in the delivery of individual, group and family services for adult patients. This position is responsible for patient clinical assessment, direct patient care, family conferences, discharge planning, prior authorizations and utilization review. In collaboration with the treatment team and program physician is responsible in providing both direct and support services to assist patients in meeting their identified treatment goals.
- Minimum one year experience providing mental health services preferred. Group therapy and hospital-based experience preferred.
- Masters degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or related field required.
- Prefer Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW). If not LICSW or LASW then one of the following is required: Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate (LMHCA), or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFTA), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Social Work Associate Independent Clinical (SWAIC), or Social Work Associate Advanced (SWAA).
- Special Training/Skills: Knowledge of utilization management criteria, community resources, medical terminology, hospital systems, insurance guidelines, financial aspects for treatment, and risk management. Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Efficient computer skills (EMR, Microsoft word, outlook, excel) preferred.
- Must work well as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Free Parking
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- And much more!
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted ski lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
Overlake Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer