EKG Technician - Per Diem
Overlake Medical Center is seeking per diem EKG Technician. Responsible for providing centralized Electrocardiography (ECG) service for cardiac and non-cardiac inpatient departments, and primary support for outpatient/pre-op ECGs. Performs emergent ECGs in accordance with established policies and procedures. Maintains Philips iECG Paperless ECG system. Responds as support staff to Code 199 and 166. Transports deceased patients to morgue and communicates directly with funeral homes.
Just a few of our employee perks
- Cell phone plan discounts
- Discounted Mariners and Sounders tickets
- Computer discounts
- Discounted lift tickets
- Discounted movie tickets
- Discounted gym memberships
- Free Seattle Art Museum passes
- And much more
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Completion of vocational ECG program preferred.
- Healthcare Provider CPR Certification required upon hire.
- Evidence of completion of a Washington State DOH approved 7-hour HIV/Aids Training course required prior to first patient contact.
- Certified as a Cardiovascular Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) certification from Cardiovascular Credentialing International also required on or before the 150th day of employment. Must apply to take the exam on or before 30 days of employment Healthcare Provider CPR Certification required upon hire.
- Six months’ previous hospital or clinic based ECG 12 lead experience or paramedic required.
- Basic competency in cardiac rhythm recognition and basic twelve lead electrocardiography
At Overlake, we believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our staff feels respected, valued, and cared for. So we've cultivated a culture that feels like a community. In fact, we're more like a great big family. Our people will always be there for you. Our supportive environment and team of passionate professionals have earned the hospital its reputation as a healthcare leader in the region. We are truly committed to providing compassionate, high-quality patient care in a progressive and collaborative environment.
Applications now being accepted for those individuals committed to providing EXCELLENCE to our GROWING Eastside Community.
Overlake Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer