Director of Critical Care and Telemetry Services
Relocation packages available. Bellevue, WA RN Director - Telemetry, Critical Care
This position will have 24-hour responsibility for our 32-bed combination Critical Care that was recognized by AACN with the Award for Unit Excellence as well as Telemetry.
As an intricate part of Overlake Hospital's executive leadership, the management and delivery of high quality, cost effective, evidence based patient care, achievement of organizational targets and career development of multiple department staff is crucial and includes:
Plan and integrate functions and services to support Overlake Hospital's goals and priorities:
- Establish goals and objectives for the specific service line that are in alignment with the Patient Care Services Division and Overlake Hospital.
- Oversee development of Balanced Scorecard for each unit and monitor progress with the Manager to ensure success.
- Communicate goals clearly to staff, physicians, and other departments as appropriate.
- Recommend new opportunities and/or programs for continuous enhancement of delivery of care.
Build effective working relationships throughout the organizations with managers, staff, physicians, customers and suppliers:
- Ensure multidisciplinary and interdepartmental problem solving and communication.
- Ensure development of shared governance and joint practice models of decisions making and collaboration.
Provide leadership for effective service:
- Promote a caring climate.
- Select qualified and competent managers and staff; oversee and ensure comprehensive orientation, continuing education and development for managers and staff as necessary.
- Communicate Overlake Hospital's vision and priorities and facilitate development of team and individual goals in alignment with organization goals and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure completion of employee performance appraisals in a timely manner.
- Establish performance expectations and provide coaching to achieve positive results.
- Recognize effective performance and address performance needing improvement in an honest and timely manner.
- Empower Managers to make decisions by providing information and tools.
- Serve as an effective role model of Overlake Hospital's Shared Values and encourage staff to develop and demonstrate those values.
Continually assess and improve care and services provided to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of customers. Foster continuous quality improvement by leading teams in use of quality management tools and processes:
- Ensure delivery of quality patient care through definition and implementation of nursing care standards.
- Direct and facilitate integration of nursing care standards into educational and problem solving operations.
- Evaluate quality of patient care provided using nursing care standards and evidence base knowledge as a framework.
- Evaluate relevance of nursing care standards in relation to professional and scientific trends/advances.
- Promote effective clinical services by integrating professional, technical, scientific and regulatory trends.
Manage organizational resources with fiscal responsibility and promote effective allocation and utilization:
- Assess budget in relationship to patient care and not just individuals departments
- Predict impact of service program changes and incorporate into program plans and annual budget plans.
- Ensure, establish and achieve productivity, cost and financial goals and targets through the use of on-going monitoring and reporting systems and processes.
- Management incentive plan
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision
- 3 part retirement plan with matching
- Long term disability
- Flex spending
- Extended illness banked hours
- Free parking
- Free ORCA pass
- Discounted tickets and memberships to area attractions and activities
- Relocation assistance
- And much more
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. Masters in health related or applicable field preferred (MBA).
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington required.
- 5 years prior managerial experience, preferable at a Director level of responsibility and a minimum of 5 years clinical nursing experience.
Overlake is an equal opportunity employer