Pharmacist in Charge - Pharmacy Manager
Orsini Specialty Pharmacy is a nationwide specialty pharmacy focused on providing exceptional care to patients throughout their journey. We focus on disease programs that require a high-touch patient experience and provide those we care for genuine empathy and compassion as part of our service delivery.
This position will be responsible for compliance with regulations of the state Board of Pharmacy in the home state as well as other PIC compliance responsibilities in other PIC required non-resident states. The oversight will include state, Federal, and FDA requirements for pharmacy compliance and management of the pharmacy personnel servicing Specialty Pharmacy patients with complex home infusion needs and for traditional specialty medication patients. This role will be responsible for supervising clinical and non-clinical staff, maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements, ensuring efficient/accurate fulfillment of prescriptions and handling drug product inventory, and managing department to financial and operational targets.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & TRAINING:
- Registered Pharmacist with current licensure and in good standing in state of employment. Additional licensure is required in a multi-state area. Willing to complete additional licensure for PIC no resident license requirements in other states.
- B.S. or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a pharmacist.
- Must be an Ohio resident preferably in Columbus or be willing to move to Columbus area within 90 days.
- Experience in Home Infusion and infused specialty medications or other specialty medications preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state, federal, and other regulations applicable to the practice of pharmacy; knowledge of regulations and legal requirements governing the industry.
- Ability to work independently; demonstrate leadership in the practice of pharmacy.
- Ability to supervise and train employees; to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with branch departments.
- Advanced computer skills/knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-term goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate pharmacy staff and carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Comply with state and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, corporate policies, and standards of performance. If requested, serves as the Pharmacist in Charge for resident and non-resident state pharmacy patients.
- Provide guidance and direction to pharmacist education to patients and prescribers.
- Build a high-quality, accurate, service-oriented pharmacy team.
- Provide oversight to ensure pharmacist related metrics are documented according to accreditation and manufacturer requirements.
- Other assistance when needed based on urgent priorities.
- BCBSIL Medical
- Delta Dental
- EyeMed Vision
- Accident & Critical Illness
- Life Insurance
- PTO, Holiday Pay, and Floating Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement