As the Product Marketing Manager, you are at the center of the Orion organization, constantly interacting with clients, prospects, and teammates to strategically position Orion’s products for growth through marketing and content initiatives.
This role requires you to partner closely with the Product, Sales and Service teams to help develop and execute strategic product marketing plans to facilitate client engagement and sales growth. Your primary responsibility is to understand and anticipate customers’ needs and strategically advocate for new products and enhancements to bring Orion’s mission to life.
- Research and determine market trends, buyer personas, and competitive differentiators within the product landscape to identify opportunities for growth and create corresponding marketing strategies for execution
- Collaborate closely with the Product Team to determine customer user requirements, features, and functionality specs, presenting marketing intelligence and representing marketing objectives in the product development process
- Support Product Management in the Beta/field testing process
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits
- Develop and lead the execution of go-to-market plans, including defining the value prop and positioning statements for new products and product enhancements, crafting key messaging, and managing the day-to-day and cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Strategize and execute lead generation campaigns across the complete lifecycle of new and existing products to increase awareness
- Ongoing sales enablement to drive growth long after the go-to-market plan has been executed
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Develop metrics and measurement tools to evaluate success and maximize ROI for each product launch initiative
- Work with the client communications team to ensure product enhancements and news are communicated proactively to clients, with an eye on engagement and focus on retention
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in marketing, product management or related field, preferably in SaaS or Financial Services.
- Bachelor’s degree, Marketing or Communications degree strongly preferred
- Orion Series 65 certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Team player that prefers working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity; this role requires you to work across many different functions and departments to bring the product to life
- Interest in and strong understanding of financial advisory space and the financial technology competitive landscape
- The ability to balance both short and long-term growth goals, supported by a commitment to a data-driven decision making process
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audience types (from client to Orion executive)
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while simultaneously handling multiple initiatives
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail