Data Quality Analyst
About Your team
O’Reilly Media is growing our enterprise data team of analysts, architects and engineers. This team is responsible for data governance, business intelligence, enterprise data architecture, data analytics, and ensuring that data is managed as a core corporate asset at O’Reilly. As a member of the enterprise data team, you will work collaboratively with engineering, product, security, data science, legal, and individuals throughout all areas of the business to ensure reliability, quality, and trustworthiness of data used for business decision making.
About the Job
As a Data Quality Analyst you will be responsible for helping O’Reilly ensure the reliability of our enterprise data. Data is one of our most important assets, and as a member of our data team you’ll be responsible for helping us manage it. We are looking for a candidate who not only has the data analysis skills to successfully investigate, analyze and respond to day to day business issues, but also someone who has the ideas, experience and desire to help us build proactive solutions that will help us improve and grow the reliability, consistency and quality of our data platform as our company grows.
Investigate and manage questions and incidents related to enterprise data for root cause analysis
- Work with engineers to provide recommendations on solutions to existing data quality issues
- Design, build and monitor key quality metrics dashboards, alerts and other monitoring tools
- Implement proactive anomaly detection to identify potential data streams with errors; covering both the known and unknown
- Collaborate on the design of a data quality framework
- Work with data architects, product managers, engineers and business intelligence analysts to understand and define clear data definitions and conventions across the organization
- Work with product managers and architects on product changes to help ensure an accurate understanding of the use and impact of data to ensure quality and reduce risk
- Work directly with end users to define, understand and help solve questions and problems around data
- Documentation of data classification, definitions and requirements across all data domains
- You care about data quality
- You have strong data analytics skills
- You have proven experience doing data analysis at an enterprise level
Let's talk if you have
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3+ years of experience doing similar work
- Advanced knowledge in SQL
- Previous experience with data analysis and data profiling
- Experience working with a Data Governance Framework
- Technical competency with cloud database technologies
- A basic knowledge of Python
- Degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, information management, or similar
- Technical competency in ETL / ELT tools
- Experience with digital analytics tools, like Google Analytics or Omniture
- Hands-on experience with reporting technologies like Power BI
- Familiarity with Data Governance tools like Collibra or Erwin
- Experience with Machine Learning
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity