Mid Market Account Executive North America
The O’Reilly Learning Platform sales team is an important engine working to drive digital transformation in companies across the globe. As a mid-market account executive, you will be responsible for identifying potential clients, driving leads, and closing business with new customers across multiple industries.
O’Reilly operates in a highly competitive and quickly changing marketplace. You will need to ensure continuous adherence to the O’Reilly sales process and become an expert in our solutions, customizations and wider capabilities in order to succeed.
We have an incredible team focused on supporting you: a sales support organization including Sales Development Reps and a Sales Enablement team that will work closely with you providing target and contact profiles to maximize your daily consultative selling time; product designers and engineers consistently enhancing our platform; an editorial team creating and curating the best content and training in the world; and customer success teams ensuring your customers are seamlessly onboarded, keeping customers continuously engaged and providing critical ongoing support. O’Reilly is a company that innovates around the customer and ensures you have what you need to succeed as a sales professional.
O’Reilly Media offers a highly intense, yet highly committed sales environment. As an O’Reilly team member you will enjoy a world-class work atmosphere, competitive compensation and benefit plans, collaborative leadership teams as well as a company geared to support your success.
If you are a sales professional looking for an organization where you can thrive both as an individual and as part of a highly motivated team, this is a great opportunity to take your career to a new level.
About the Role
As part of O’Reilly’s sales team, you will be a strategic member of the organization supporting critical corporate sales goals. As an Inside Sales Representative you will be responsible for developing an assigned sales territory and working with the customer through the entire sales process
The Inside Sales Representative role is a challenging and exciting role that will test your sales skills, strategic thinking capabilities, follow-through on lead generation targets and ability to close deals.
The O’Reilly Media portfolio of products includes best-in-class editorial products, the O’Reilly learning platform and our newly acquired interactive teaching platform, Katacoda.com. In this role, you will work on all O’Reilly products to bring learning to millions of global users.
- Build a strong sales pipeline by conducting a large volume of daily outbound calls and other types of outreach to current customers and new sales prospects
- Identify potential customer accounts, gather prospect information and initiate the first step in identifying those interested parties in learning more about the company’s products and services
- Collaborate with the sales development team to develop creative outreach strategies and define a targeted list of industries and organizations
- Schedule and conduct product demonstrations
- Gain in-depth knowledge of O’Reilly products and technologies, territories, accounts, competitors, industry trends, etc.
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships to identify and drive product expansion/upsell opportunities
- Proactively manage sales opportunities throughout the entire sales process
- Follow-up on prospects in order to develop unique value propositions and proposals, secure purchase commitments, and close the sale.
- Maintain appropriate account and territory/industry vertical records leveraging the sales tools provided by the company
- Provide thoughtful sales forecasts and monthly progress reports
- Participate in ongoing sales meetings and training sessions as required.
- Meet or exceed pipeline creation targets and sales quota
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- A tested and proven track record in sales, with 2-5 years in a sales environment, B2B preferred
- Experience with prospecting/cold calling, business development, and account management
- Experience selling in a consultative sales approach environment - able to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Advanced negotiation and objection handling skills
- Analytical aptitude
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Effective communicator and works well with others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management.
- Works independently, self-directed individual
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Technical acumen and interest
- Proficient computer skills
- Customer Focused – Personally demonstrates that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Takes initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do the same.
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity