The Product Design team at O'Reilly focuses on delivering highly impactful outcomes for millions of enterprise learners, teachers, creators, and content partners at all touchpoints across the learning journey. We're a cross-disciplinary group of thinkers and doers driven by a vision to work on stuff that matters and create more value than we capture.
Join our mission to spread the knowledge of innovators.
About the Role
We're looking for a mid-level Product Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you'll work across multiple levels of design—from structure to the surface—creating product experiences that meet the needs of our individual and enterprise end-users and administrators. As a Product Designer, you'll have the opportunity to work with the Product Design team on several initiatives, including improved learning experiences and continuing to move the platform into a new look and feel.
This role reports to the Product Design Lead of the design team that lives within the larger Product organization within O’Reilly.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional group of product and project managers, engineers, data scientists, and product marketers to understand why (and how) our customers engage with content and features to help shape solutions for learners
- Create and communicate user-centered design solutions—at all fidelities—to teammates and stakeholders, using storyboards, flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Help us continue to build a design QA process that includes collaborating closely with engineers
- Advocate and perform user research—both qualitative and quantitative—to help identify user needs and to validate solution ideas
- Partner with product managers and engineers to frame problems and iteratively design, ship and measure solutions together
Let's talk if you have
- 4+ years of real-world product design experience, Enterprise SaaS or E-Learning preferred
- A portfolio showcasing work you have shipped that portrays a balance of process, aesthetics, usability, and outcomes met
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Proven experience applying UX best practices in responsive web applications
- Excellent communication skills (storytelling, speaking, writing, presenting), and consider yourself a continuous learner
- Experience working and prototyping with Figma
- Worked with and contributed to a shared, component-based design system
- Experience with interaction design
- Experience helping build and working with design systems
Include these with your application
- A link to your online portfolio or equivalent presentation of work samples (required)
About the Company
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that are necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help them do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity