Product Designer, Data Insights (Platform)
The Product Design team at O'Reilly focuses on delivering highly impactful outcomes for millions of enterprise learners, teachers, creators, and content partners at all touchpoints across the learning journey. We're a cross-disciplinary group of thinkers and doers driven by a vision to work on stuff that matters and create more value than we capture.
Join our mission to change the world by spreading the knowledge of innovators—through design.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced mid-level Product Designer to join our growing team to help define the future of "activity and insights" on the O'Reilly learning platform. In this role, you'll work across multiple levels of design—from structure to the surface—creating product experiences that meet the needs of our Individual and Enterprise end-users and Administrators. As a Product Designer in CORE, you'll enable learners to manage their activity on the platform (e.g., history, saves, assignments, etc.) and set and track learner goals and metrics. You'll also iterate and ultimately reimagine our Enterprise Admins' insights data dashboard experience.
The CORE team is part of the platform's backbone, and you'll have a significant influence in shaping the direction we go with it. You'll have the opportunity to own new features, reimagine existing experiences, all while brainstorming and sharing your ideas with cross-functional teams. You'll also collaborate with other designers and product managers on the CORE team centered on Search, Discovery, and Accounts to ensure a cohesive platform journey for all users.
This role reports to the Product Design Manager of the CORE design team.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a cross-functional group of product and project managers, engineers, data scientists, and product marketers to understand why (and how) our customers engage with content and features to help shape solutions they need to manage and measure their activity successfully
- Deeply understand why (and how) our Enterprise administrators engage with platform data reporting tools to help shape solutions they need to succeed in their role
- Create and communicate user-centered design solutions—at all fidelities—to teammates and stakeholders, using storyboards, flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Work closely with front-end engineers to implement page layouts and bespoke components—ensuring features launch at the highest quality bar
- Create simple, intuitive product experiences for complex data insights and workflows in the realm of data science, machine learning, and API services
- Establish best practices and guidelines to up level the data visualization skills of the organization
- Advocate and perform user research—both qualitative and quantitative—to help identify user motivation and needs and to validate solution ideas
- Partner with product managers and engineers to frame problems and iteratively design, ship and measure solutions together
Let's talk if you have
- 4+ years of real-world product design experience, Enterprise SaaS or E-Learning preferred
- A portfolio showcasing work you have shipped that portrays a balance of process, aesthetics, usability, and outcomes met
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Proven experience applying UX best practices in responsive web applications
- Excellent communication skills (storytelling, speaking, writing, presenting), and consider yourself a continuous learner
- Experience working and prototyping with Figma
- Worked with and contributed to a shared, component-based design system
- Prototyping data visualizations using tools like Framer or UXPin
- Experience designing with D3.js
Include these with your application
- A link to your online portfolio or equivalent presentation of work samples (required)
About the Company
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that are necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help them do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity