Sales Enablement Manager
About the Role
At O’Reilly, sales enablement is an integral part of the company’s success. Working hand-in-hand with sales leadership and product marketing, sales enablement ensures all of our sales teams, both domestic and international, are trained and equipped to deliver value to our customers and prospects. The sales enablement team brings the O’Reilly story to life through our sales channels by providing sales collateral, training, data insights, and messaging.
The Sales Enablement Manager will be responsible for designing, planning, and executing a variety of sales enablement programs for O'Reilly's online learning platform and content sponsorship programs including presentation decks, one pagers, competitive collateral, messaging, training and coaching with the goal of supporting the sales team to reach their sales targets.
The Sales Enablement Manager is proactive and self-directed, yet able to work as part of a close-knit team. This position works with a variety of departments at O’Reilly including sales, design, product, editorial, and sales operations.
- Identify, own, and implement enablement programs to improve the performance of the entire sales team including new business, existing business, customer success, government, academic, international and media sales
- Work with cross functional teams--product management, product marketing, sales operations, editorial, and design--to create and update sales collateral, messaging, templates, sales aids, presentation decks, competitive battlecards and other material that ensures our sales team is armed with the tools and resources they need to meet their individual and company revenue goals.
- Bring the O’Reilly story to life through our sales channels to enable our sales teams to close and expand more business by creating polished, eye-catching, effective collateral to help our prospects and customers see value in our offerings
- Using a data-driven approach, analyze the impact of enablement programs on sales readiness and success metrics and adjust programs as needed
- Help manage the continuous development of the sales team including outreach best practices, product and industry knowledge, competitor information, sales presentations, demos, and objection handling.
- Work with sales leadership to identify capability gaps across the sales team, and deliver ongoing enablement programs and resources to close those gaps while minimizing the impact on productive selling time
- Help deliver a new hire onboarding program that enables sellers on the knowledge, skills, processes, and tools needed to ramp quickly and effectively
- Working together with sales leadership, develop and run trainings (virtual, pre-recorded, and in-person) for all levels of the sales organization
- Update training materials as needed to reflect the most current sales strategy/initiatives, product enhancements, market conditions, and sales best practices
- Four year degree in Business, Marketing, or Management, or related area of study, or a combination of relevant education and experience
- 3-4 years experience in a B2B marketing, sales, sales enablement or sales support role
- Solid understanding of sales, sales processes and sales training
- Experience supporting a sales team in Saas or technology services industry
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to follow-through with projects
- Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment, provide and accept feedback in a professional manner, and support colleagues to achieve common goals
- Ability to adapt and change in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work within tight deadlines and shift priorities when necessary
- A strong sense of integrity, empowerment and accountability
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity