Customer Success Manager (East Coast)
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for delivering ongoing value to our customers through all phases of the customer’s journey with O’Reilly. As the O’Reilly learning subject matter expert, an O’Reilly CSM will be focused on aligning customer learning goals and business outcomes with the capabilities of the O’Reilly platform. CSM's also provide ongoing onboarding and engagement support to customers, highlighting new features and training new users in order to further ensure the success of O’Reilly’s implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become your customer’s trusted advisor at O’Reilly, providing advocacy, guidance and best practices
- Reduce customer time-to-value by providing a smooth on-boarding process that gets customers using the platform quickly
- Discover and refine customer outcomes for the O’Reilly learning platform, then hold yourself and the customer accountable for achieving those objectives
- Listen to customer needs and feature requests, dissect and understand them, and advocate for the customer as you articulate the request to the O’Reilly product team
- Perform regular outreach to ensure customers are up to date on new features and on track towards achieving stated goals
- Run live customer meetings both in person and via the web (onboardings, training, quarterly business reviews, feature demos, etc)
- Serve as the primary interface to manage and resolve any critical customer situations
- Work closely with Strategic Account Managers to identify and pursue growth opportunities with customers
- Make the renewal a seamless, non-event
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A passion for helping customers achieve great things
- At least three years experience in a customer facing role (customer success, professional services, or account management preferred)
- Technology background a plus
- An understanding of SaaS business models and success metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple customer engagements simultaneously
- Ability to build consultative relationships with members of the Sales, Product, and Services teams
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Tools (optional but nice): CS Platform (Gainsight, Totango), Salesforce
- Experience with basic coding practices
- Understanding of common software development methodologies
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity