New Business Account Executive
The O’Reilly Learning Platform sales team is an important engine working to drive digital transformation in companies across the globe. If you are a sales professional looking for an organization where you can thrive both as an individual and as part of a highly motivated team, this is a great opportunity to take your career to a new level.
In this role you will be responsible for qualifying, connecting and closing business with new customers across multiple industries in the technology and learning space. We operate in a highly competitive and quickly changing marketplace. You will need to ensure continuous adherence to the O’Reilly sales process and become an expert in our solutions, customizations and wider capabilities in order to succeed.
We have an incredible team focused on supporting you - a sales support organization including Sales Development Reps and a Sales Enablement team that will work closely with you providing target and contact profiles to maximize your daily consultative selling time. Product designers and engineers consistently enhancing our platform, and an editorial team which creates and curates the best content and training in the world. Customer success teams ensure your customers are seamlessly onboarded, keep customers continuously engaged and provide critical ongoing support. O’Reilly is a company that innovates around the customer and ensures you have what you need to succeed as a sales professional.
O’Reilly Media offers a highly intense, yet highly committed sales environment. As an O’Reilly team member you will enjoy a world-class work atmosphere, competitive compensation and benefit plans, collaborative leadership teams as well as a company geared to support your success.
- Develop market and product knowledge that discovers which organizations might be good prospects for O’Reilly Media Learning Platform
- Work with Sales Development Reps and sales management to define a targeted list of industries and organizations
- You are expected to be the “resident expert” for each of your in-process accounts and their respective industries. You will understand your accounts business goals, challenges, competitors, leadership and transformation objectives. You will be responsible and ready to share this information with colleagues across the company at any time to ensure prospects close and the goals of their year one engagement are understood and met
- Maintain the appropriate mix of written correspondence, telephone contacts, online demonstrations and onsite visits with prospect organizations in order to stimulate interest in O’Reilly Media services within the defined target companies
- Proactively manage sales opportunities throughout the entire sales process
- Maintain a sufficiently full sales pipeline so that sales targets for new business revenue are consistently achieved
- Present the benefits of O’Reilly Media services to prospect organizations and identify those buying influences that are involved in making decisions about the O’Reilly Media service
- Follow-up on trial accounts and prospects in order to identify funding, develop a unique value proposition and proposal, secure commitment and close the sale.
- Maintain appropriate account and territory records using the sales tools provided by the company
- Provide sales forecasts and monthly reports as required
- Participate in regular sales meetings and training sessions as required
- Meet or exceed sales quota
- 8+ years background of successful new sales experience to Global 2000 accounts
- Experience with cloud based corporate learning services or technology services
- Understanding of subscription models
- Consultative sales training
- Business acumen and an understanding of general business principles
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience working with technology, learning and development, and HR preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Most contact is via email, phone, web interactions and in-person meetings
- Must have strong organizational skills and demonstrate successful use of various web-based selling tools including but not limited to Salesforce, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, DiscoverOrg
- Strong interpersonal skills and history of working on highly collaborative teams
- Relationship focused and experienced in complex account management
- Ability to multi-task is essential
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly online learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.