DevOps Support Engineer
The O’Reilly Media portfolio of products includes best-in-class editorial products, the O’Reilly learning platform and our newly acquired interactive teaching platform, Katacoda.com. In this role, you will primarily work on our interactive products to bring hands-on learning to millions of global users. Leveraging the power of Katacoda, O’Reilly delivers expert run live trainings and events, supplemented with interactive scenarios that truly exemplify our mission to spread the knowledge of innovators by learning to do.
- You’re able to explain technical concepts to non-technical customers and sales prospects
- You love debugging, you don’t give up until the problems are solved
- You’re endlessly curious and are self-driven to learn, always thinking outside the box
- Provide support for new, prospective and existing customers leveraging O’Reilly’s Interactive Products, approximately 30% of your responsibilities.
- Commit code for bug fixes and escalate feature requests to the Product team
- Become a subject matter expert in the Katacoda Platform, helping bridge capabilities between Katacoda technology and O’Reilly’s Learning Platform.
- Work with teams across the engineering, product and product design teams to enhance Katacoda platform capabilities to support our growing business.
- Work with customers who run live workshops and provide technical support as needed.
- College degree in a technical or scientific field or comparable industry experience and training
- 4 years combined experience in dev and ops roles
- Understanding of Virtualisation technologies, ideally KVM / QEMU
- Deep understanding of Docker
- Very familiar with use of Kubernetes
- Bash scripting
- Linux Internals such as networking, iptables, sockets and security configuration
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly online learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.