Product Design Manager, Learning (Platform)
The Product Design team at O'Reilly focuses on delivering highly impactful outcomes for millions of enterprise learners, teachers, creators, and content partners at all touchpoints across the learning journey. We're a cross-disciplinary group of thinkers and doers driven by a vision to work on stuff that matters and create more value than we capture.
Join our mission to change the world by spreading the knowledge of innovators—through design.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced Product Designer Manager to help build, coach, and mentor a quickly growing and motivated group of designers. In this role, you'll guide the team in creating the next generation of learning experiences on the O'Reilly learning platform towards building a world-class, unified product across multiple user journeys.
The digital landscape you'll work in is vast: Courses, Playlists, Certifications, Live Events, Code (Katacoda), and our core content consumption interfaces (reader, video, and audiobooks.) The experiences you'll drive will directly impact the bottom line of the company and the outcomes of our core user base of enterprise learners.
This role reports directly to the Director of Product Design.
- Work alongside the Core Platform design team as well as a cross-functional group of product and project managers, engineers, and data scientists
- Understand and influence the business unit’s roadmap to ensure designers are working on the right initiatives at the right time
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of product designers, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Grow the team to meet business demands and employee development needs
- Partner closely with design leadership around staffing, planning, and design operations
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members and effectively speak to process, design goals, and team vision as a firm representative of the design team
Let's talk if you have
- 5+ years of real-world product design experience, Enterprise SaaS or E-Learning preferred
- 3+ years of people leadership experience (Design team preferred)
- A track record of leading design teams with external clients or internal stakeholders through successful product launches across modern, responsive web applications
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- A passion to motivate and inspire people to do their best work
- An understanding of stakeholder management, skilled at managing and adjusting expectations, and sought out for your leadership and diplomacy
- A strong growth mindset and passion for data driven impact
- A deep understanding of UX best practices in responsive web applications
- Strong visual awareness and sensibilities
- Excellent communication skills (storytelling, speaking, writing, presenting), and consider yourself a continuous learner
- Experience delivering digital products for Enterprise SaaS E-learning or Media products
- Delivering digital products from zero to one
- Experience working with design systems
Include these with your application
- A link to your online portfolio or equivalent presentation of work samples (required—even if it consists of or includes work done by your team)
About the Company
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that are necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help them do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity