Design Systems Lead, Learning Platform
The Product Design team at O'Reilly focuses on delivering highly impactful outcomes for millions of enterprise learners, teachers, creators, and content partners at all touchpoints across the learning journey. We're a cross-disciplinary group of thinkers and doers driven by a vision to work on stuff that matters and create more value than we capture.
Join our mission to change the world by spreading the knowledge of innovators—through design.
About the Role
We're looking for a Sr. Product Designer to drive a newly formed Design Systems team within the larger Product Design group at O'Reilly. The design system is used by O'Reilly product designers and engineers every day and impacts the lives of millions of end-users each year. In this role, you will work alongside product and engineering leaders to lead the strategy and operations of this multidisciplinary initiative while coaching and providing direction for designers as they evolve the design system.
This role reports to the Director of Product Design.
- Drive a significant initiative to evolve our current design system—from implementing foundational principles such as the grid, breakpoints, color, and type to a feature-complete set of core components
- Work hands-on with senior members of product design and brand to deliver a vision that elevates the standards and design aesthetic of O’Reilly’s visual language across the online learning platform
- Strike a balance between custom themed third-party library components and bespoke hand-rolled ones that help differentiate the product
- Work closely with Product Designers, UX Writers, and Engineers to build on our component library and to create guidelines and processes that ensure we are designing and building uniform experiences
- Mentor and inspire at least one UI/UX Engineer and Designer, providing design direction and pushing the quality of the design work
- Build relationships with cross-functional team members and effectively speak to process, design goals, and team vision as a firm representative of the design team
- Periodically conduct end-to-end audits of our visuals and design system to push the design system forward continually
- Manage the design system roadmap and drive quarterly planning
- Create documentation to evangelize consistent usage of the design system
- Work alongside the broader Design Leadership team to craft our teams’ culture, processes, and tools
Let's talk if you have
- 6+ years of professional experience working as a designer or design systems lead in a creative agency or a design team within a larger organization, Enterprise SaaS or E-Learning preferred
- A portfolio of design projects that demonstrates systems thinking, technical skills, interaction design, and visual design
- Previous experience working on design systems that have a proven track record of providing value to the business
- Experience working with third-party component libraries (e.g., Material UI, Bootstrap)
- A deep understanding of UX best practices in responsive web applications—including accessibility guidelines
- Strong visual awareness and sensibilities
- Excellent communication skills (storytelling, speaking, writing, presenting), and consider yourself a continuous learner
- Experience working with research and data to drive decision making
- Experience working with LaunchDarkly and Appcues
- Previous experience managing other designers or engineers
Include these with your application
- A link to your online portfolio or equivalent presentation of work samples (required)
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity