Scrum Master/Project Manager
About O'Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is “changing the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators.” For over 30 years, we’ve been helping people learn new skills, track significant new technologies, and build careers in technology and business. This extends to our employees: we have a long and proud history of encouraging and enabling the people who work here to take advantage of O’Reilly’s resources and network to keep learning, take on new challenges, and build careers.
About Your team
The Project Management team is a collaborative group of professionals who work with engineers, designers, product managers, sales, marketing, and other staff at O’Reilly to grow the O’Reilly Learning Platform. The Learning Platform provides companies with the resources they need to train and retain the people who will build and implement their transformations–we offer customizable solutions for each company’s unique business strategy, all deeply informed by O’Reilly’s thought leadership and key industry trends.
About the Job
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Services, this Project Manager role will give you the opportunity to plan and facilitate work across multiple platform development teams. Project Managers work closely with development teams, management, and other departments to ensure that the scope and direction of each project is well defined, communicated, and executed.
In this role you will
- Work with our product delivery teams in a Scrum Master role to facilitate and guide scrum teams to successfully deliver features using agile methodologies and practices, including backlog refinement, sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- As needed, drive other projects using project management methodologies.
- Coordinate with other Project Managers and teams to drive cohesive agile practices across the company.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget; continually assess and mitigate risk.
- Hold all team members to account; ensure that they are aware of and are delivering on the priorities.
- Build and maintain strong, consultative, and productive relationships between distributed groups and departments.
- Work with delivery team members to break down deliverables into epics, user stories, and tasks.
- Work with development team, including quality assurance, to review and ensure quality of deliverables
- Prepare, maintain, and communicate project schedules, documentation, and status to stakeholders.
- Monitor project progress by tracking action items, researching, and resolving blocking issues.
- You are a meticulously organized, proactive, problem solver
- You have experience as a Project Manager or Scrum Master, and a proven track record of delivering software development projects on time and on budget, from conception to post-launch
- You have experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and continuous delivery models
- You work effectively with distributed teams
- You consistently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have experience with SaaS and subscription delivery models
- You are adaptable to change
- 3+ years experience as a Project Manager or Scrum Master
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Strong requirement definition skills
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.