Director, Talent Acquisition and Recruiting - Online Learning Platform
About the role
The Director of Talent Acquisition and Recruiting leads O’Reilly's global talent acquisition strategies and will develop talent acquisition programs that ensure successful hiring and achievement of organizational objectives. In this hands-on role, the Director will be responsible for leading high-volume recruiting of high-quality candidates, and for running an efficient and continuously improving recruiting engine with the ability to influence and partner with the organization (hiring managers and execs) to gain buy-in and achieve mutual goals.
In this role you will:
- Bring a passion for owning and delivering a best in class recruitment experience to candidates, hiring managers, colleagues, and leadership
- Build a talent acquisition team
- Design, implement and manage recruiting best practices including outreach programs to Universities and other talent acquisition pipelines
- Develop strong relationships and communication with managers (both local and remote) to anticipate hiring needs
- Source, interview, present, and close candidates distributed across all functions
- Implement and facilitate consistency of recruiting policies and procedures
- Successfully prioritize, manage, and complete searches efficiently based on established benchmarks and metrics
- Develop sourcing strategies, plans, and candidate pipelines
- Successfully draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, to force dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers, and the HR team
- Share ideas and collaborate on implementing strategies related to the recruitment of talent that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company
- Have the opportunity to find and hire talent for our technology, content, finance, design, and sales teams!
We will look for:
- Professional values that are consistent with O’Reilly’s Core Operating Principles http://www.oreilly.com/about/operating-principles.html
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of recent progressive corporate, in-house- experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting (preferably in a tech or publishing environment)
- Experience building and leading a team of recruiters/sourcers
- Experience sourcing and closing in a competitive marketplace
- Experience using metrics and analytics to drive recruiting process
- Experience proactively managing activity in an ATS (Jobvite)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite and Google office suite
- Attention to detail
Success will include:
- A hands-on, roll up your sleeves approach to the recruiting function
- Aptitude for exceptional candidate generation and client management
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently throughout the organization, with candidates and agencies
- Strong ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Commitment to excellent customer service and candidate experience
- Exceptional time management, resource management and planning skills
- Ability to manage workload in a constantly changing environment
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.Learn more:https://www.oreilly.com/diversity