About Your Team:
Our data platform team’s mission is to provide a data infrastructure that will enable the business easy access to quality, trustworthy, timely data for reporting, analytics, and in support of actionable insights. Our key areas of focus are designing and building a sustainable and scalable data architecture, treating data as a core corporate asset, improving processes, governance, while capturing application, functional area, and reporting needs. We are intentional in our search for teammates who are helpful, respectful, communicate openly, and are always willing to do what’s best for our users. The team is broadly distributed across the US in multiple cities and time zones and constantly encourages each other to deliver work that instills pride and fulfillment.
About the Job:
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced data architect to help design and develop an analytical data architecture (ADA) framework comprising system of integration and system of analytics. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Analytical data architecture concepts and be well versed in data warehouse and data modeling. Candidates will work closely with the data integration architect and other stakeholders to build an infrastructure that supports a user base in the millions and datasets with billions of records to support BI & Analytics needs.
- Based on defined Analytical Data Architecture guidelines provide solutions to address enterprise business requirements and translate them into appropriate designs in Integration and Analytical schemas for technical teams
- Work with Data Integration Architect and Business Intelligence Architect to develop a highly scalable solution
- Oversee technical implementation of the Data Warehouse projects and ensure compliance with data architecture practices
- Understand O’Reilly’s data sources. Collaborate and advise data owners on modern data management techniques
- Be an active participant in the Data Governance process to help define data quality standards and metrics.
- Define privacy and security processes
- Provide mentoring to other SMEs to provide Data Architecture expertise
- Advice O'Reilly executive team on best and practical data management practices
- Deep understanding of Analytics Data Architecture (ADA)
- Knowledge of the Kimball data warehouse lifecycle and strong dimensional data modeling experience, star schemas
- Understanding of modeling strategies (dimensional, snowflake, relational, unstructured).
- Experience designing and delivering data models for large analytical and reporting platforms
- Working knowledge with a variety of database technologies: cloud, on-premises, and NoSql and columnar database
- Understanding of extraction, transformation, and load processes from operational source systems into the data warehouse.
- Experience with multiple ETL tools like Talend, Fivetran, Matillion
- Experience implementing solutions with any two of BigQuery (preferred), Azure, Redshift, , or Snowflake
- Experience in large-scale Data warehouse systems
- Experience with data modeling tools like Erwin
- Familiarity with Data Cataloging tools like Alteryx or Alation
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree(preferred); or 4 years and a Master’s degree
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that. Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity