About Your team
O'Reilly Media is looking to bring on a passionate and deeply curious Product Manager to help define and build out our product offering that helps companies define and support their learning goals. Join our growing product team as we continue to improve our SaaS platform, helping over 2.5M professionals learn by doing.
About the Job
Reporting to the Group Product - Core, this Product Manager role gives you the opportunity to help define and execute against our customer reporting/API roadmap across a variety of product lines. Working closely with our Data and Machine Learning teams, you’ll help define product requirements and build insights ,reporting and API features for our users and account admins. By balancing customer feedback, white-glove support, and product development best practices you’ll help realize the vision of our developing product portfolio. We always put the customer and the user experience first, as we identify new ways to measure the ways people learn and communicate these insights in useful ways to our user base. Leveraging the most effective research and data gathering methodologies, you’ll work with your team to define and execute on key features and new capabilities for our learners and their managers.
- Deep dive into our learning product offering and all our customers - this includes O’Reilly Learning and our Insights Dashboard/API.
- Work closely with the Group Product Manager for mentorship and to understand the broader business vision and product strategy.
- Rapidly break down objectives into plans with specific, actionable steps.
- Work with engineering and design to define feature work, and help oversee the execution of that work through design, development, launch, and go-to-market activities.
- Identify KPIs in the space to measure and drive your efforts forward, not afraid to get into the data.
- Recognize when software is only one aspect of a great solution and work with business stakeholders to apply marketing and operations levers in delivering business results.
- Facilitate trade-off discussions between different stakeholders: marketing, research, engineering, design, etc.
- Work closely with a Project Manager and help lead scrum ceremonies such as grooming, sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with Product Designers to generate and test hypotheses, establish design direction, and create ideal user experiences.
- Work with the product marketing team to understand the competitive landscape, and where the biggest opportunities lie.
- Manage internal and external customer feedback to understand the Voice of the Customer including monitoring, responding to, and making actionable roadmap recommendations on the feedback.
- Develop relationships with new and existing account admins leveraging our Insights Dashboard and reporting features, in partnership with our Customer Success teams, to form a deep connection with our user community
- You’re deeply curious, always looking to learn and improve.
- You have a bias toward action.
- You’re able to synthesize information, form a hypothesis, and defend it against scrutiny.
- You deeply empathize with our customers who are life-long learners and building technical skills.
- You’re able to communicate clearly in whatever way the situation calls for – in writing, with visuals and data, and in person.
- You’re able to balance customer needs with company vision.
- You’re able to put our operating principles into practice, and draw from them as a source of inspiration and guidance.
- Strong familiarity with SaaS operational processes and enterprise structure
- Ability to manage difficult customer relationships, work with sales, and manage expectations by creating clear communication
- Deep understanding of analytics and different ways to measure success
- Exposure and familiarity with the product development process
- Demonstrated ability or capability to lead customer discovery efforts, including ideating, prototyping, testing, and iterating on solutions with customers
- Basic working knowledge of scrum development methods required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience.
- SaaS product development experience preferred but not required.
- Interest and awareness of the latest developer trends and technologies.
About O’Reilly Media
O’Reilly’s mission is to change the world by sharing the knowledge of innovators. For over 40 years, we’ve inspired companies and individuals to do new things—and do things better—by providing them with the skills and understanding that’s necessary for success.
At the heart of our business is a unique network of experts and innovators who share their knowledge through us. O’Reilly Learning offers exclusive live training, interactive learning, a certification experience, books, videos, and more, making it easier for our customers to develop the expertise they need to get ahead. And our books have been heralded for decades as the definitive place to learn about the technologies that are shaping the future. Everything we do is to help professionals from a variety of fields learn best practices and discover emerging trends that will shape the future of the tech industry.
Our customers are hungry to build the innovations that propel the world forward. And we help you do just that.
Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/about/
At O’Reilly, we believe that true innovation depends on hearing from, and listening to, people with a variety of perspectives. We want our whole organization to recognize, include, and encourage people of all races, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, religions, sexual orientations, and professional roles.Learn more: https://www.oreilly.com/diversity